I'm excited to say that I finished binding my 2013 Art Journal pages. I showed last month's pages in my last post...but now I have altered a old book cover to bind all my calendar pages. It's a finish!
I cut away the original binding and pages of a book I found at a thrift store. Using sticky back canvas, I covered the front and back book covers. I used some spray on fabric dyes and water to make a water color effect for the background. I had some chipboard letters and numbers that I glued on and cut a piece of a doily for the upper corner and added some stamping.
I made eyelet holes on each page and used 2 large keyring thingys to hold all the pages and the covers. (yes, one is black and the other white)
I'm pretty pleased with my very first Art Journal. I'm planning on doing another year...although I am already behind. Trying to finish up some other 2013 challenges...like the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!
Since there was no color for December...that left me with only 11 blocks...since I only made one of each color, I wasn't sure what to do...make more of each color or add more colors...so I decided to add a few more colors...like gray, light pink, hunter green, navy blue and peach.
(I did make another orange block which made end up on the back or orphaned.)
After a bit of rearranging to make a pleasing to the eye arrangement, this is what I ended up with.
I will add some white borders to this quilt. I just need to replenish my stash of Kona White first.
My first challenge for 2014...I have joined Journal52 ~ a Art journal workshop. A weekly prompt is posted and some ideas.
This week's prompt is Up, Up and Away~soar into a new year.
Here is what I came up with.
Incorporating a quilt pattern and a bible verse.
The back of my page are some clippings from magazines.
I am using watercolors which is completely new to me...I'm looking to experiment with different art forms over the 52 weeks...we will see how it goes. For now, week one is done and I am pleased!