Friday, July 25, 2014

A small finish

Today I have a small finish to share. 
I used these little table toppers that I quilted to teach my daughter how to bind her quilt. Here we are hand stitching the bindings.

And now they are both finished. They are not very big so they didn't take much time to finish. As you can see, they are larger than a placemat.

The quilting is a crosshatch over the field of the print and I straight line stitched around the border. The mallard print is from my mom's sewing room. The binding is fabric from my stash.
The backing is from a fabric that was among the orphaned blocks and fabrics. I think it works great together!
You can read more about the orphaned blocks here.

Front and back side by side.

Since my DH and I won't be able to get away this summer (we traveled to Hawaii in January/February), we have been trying to find fun things to do right here at home...our staycation.
Last Sunday, we had an afternoon out on Lake Michigan on the tall ship, 
The Red Witch. 
What a beautiful day out on the lake!

Quite relaxing!


 The beautiful Chicago skyline...
The Adler Planetarium


Linking up to Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts
 and Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday over at Quokka Quilts.

4 comments:

  1. aww they are cute. love the ducks. and very jealous of your boat trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the runners at first glance i thought i was seeing ice cubes on top ...nice pics of the red witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photo's.. your daughter is your 'mini me'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun to have sewing partner. Your trip looks like fun too. Nice views!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments