Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The last stitches made yesterday

So I've returned in record time as I put the final stitches in the binding late yesterday! It feels so good to have this quilt finished...it has been a long time in the making. 
When I start a quilt for no specific reason, I am usually trying some new technique and/or practicing and perfecting my quilting. That was the case with this quilt. I found this pattern/technique on Pinterest (here). I liked it and it seemed pretty simple...no two alike. I had this Bali Pops, Tiramisu, in my stash that a friend gifted me which I thought would look great!
Just cut your jelly roll into 4 10" pieces, mix them up and sew 5 pieces together lengthwise. Add a 21" background piece...sew it in a round and cut your lengths randomly. This gives the moment in the quilt.
The backing is a neutral background in my stash that again I was gifted.
 Love using fabric from my stash!
The quilting is FMQ vertically in each column using this technique by Lori Kennedy over at The Inbox Jaunt. I just did the double loop leaf using a multi-colored thread (different color on front than back). In the background, I just continued the straight line using FMQ then did a diagonal grid on the top and bottom.
Another finish and it feels so good!

 Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving where ever you are! 



4 comments:

  1. This is just great. You did great on the color selection too. wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy it sure feels good to put that last stitch in...looks great... Have a wonderful Thanksgiving yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt Dawn!!! I'm probably being dense, but I'm not figuring out "...sew it in the round". But I love this idea and am sure I could figure something out based on this great idea. Love the colors in this fabric bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It's really fascinating! Love it! I like everything made by hands and it pleases me when I see what results people achieve, how full they may show their potential, just like you do. Thanks for being such a good and hard-working person.
    With love, Ann Riddledom
    writers-house.com forum

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments