Friday, October 21, 2016

A finish and the final Rainbow Scrap block

It is always exciting to have a finish! I really enjoyed quilting along with Lorna over at SewFeshQuilts on the MOD Bear Paw! Even though this quilt was time consuming with all the little pieces, the finish was so worth it!
I love how the Mama Bear is padding along through the grid of baby bear paws!
One of my favorite stories that I read my 3 girls when they were little was this book, Can't You Sleep Little Bear by Martin Waddell.
It goes perfectly with this quilt as I imagine this Mama Bear padding into Little Bear's room because Little Bear couldn't get to sleep. The illustrations in this book are beautifully done by Barbara Firth. 
Mama Bear is so patient with Little Bear and teaches Little Bear that he does not need to be afraid of the dark. 
The backing is a cute cross print in 2 different shades of pink.
I straight lined quilted around each baby paw and diagonally across the blocks. On Mama Bear, I FMQ stipples to give her texture. The binding is in a slightly darker shade of gray than the Kona silver I used in the sashing. 
This quilt finishes at 39" x 47". 
It is ready for the baby shower (baby due after Christmas) and of coarse, I needed to find a copy of this book to go along with the quilt! 
Thanks Lorna for this fun project! Linking up with Lorna's Let's Bee Social.

Another thing coming to an end is the 2016 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. October was the final month and the color is Yellowish Oranges. 
Here is my final finished block.
I will now be playing with the layout of all my blocks. 
Here are all my other blocks (not in any particular order) 
and whether or not I will add a scrappy border. What do you think?
I will be linking up to SoScrappy tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. You are so fast! You've already quilted your Mod Bear Paw. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Your rainbow blocks are stacking up! I always mean to start one but am behind before I get to it, so I still haven't gotten to it, lol. I love the idea of a scrappy border and can't wait to see it come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that quilt so clever and adorable! Mama bear wandering through the baby bear paws is just such a cute and clever idea. Love it! I'm looking forward to your rainbow block quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pink bear's paw quilt. So sweet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dawn you are speedy! Your Bear Paw quilt looks so sweet with the gray sashing. We have that book too! Now reading it to the next generation : ) I can't believe how quickly the end of the year is closing in. Looking forward to seeing your RSC quilt come together. Sadly I haven't made any more blocks to go with my one RSC block.... maybe today. I'm still on the fence a little bit I guess wether to make more blocks in lots of different colors or stick with the two color combo. Never a lack of projects swirling in my brain here : ) It will be a beautiful day here. I should probably spend the day putting the flower bed to bed for the winter and plant my tulip bulbs. Enjoy Janita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bear Paw Baby Quilt is so gorgeous! Love this in the pinks and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bear quilt is AWESOME!! Regarding the RSC blocks, I'd leave the decision about the border until the blocks are together. It's looking good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cuddly sweet bear paw to snuggle up with! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet finish, Dawn! I love your pretty pink version of this Bear Paw quilt. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pink bear paw quilt is adorable!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments