Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April Goals Update Ü

The end of April is closing in therefore it is time to update my goals. It has been a pretty productive month for me...mostly out of necessity. The elephant baby quilt needed to be finished for the baby shower last weekend. 
The quilt was well received!
I named this quilt Dare To Be Different based on the one row of elephants that are marching in the opposite direction and the one baby elephant that color is different.
The pattern is from Lorna over at Sew Fresh Quilts. I did add tails to the elephants. This is the second animal quilt pattern from Lorna that I have made. I just love her style.
The quilt finishes at 38 1/2" x 41"
The backing fabric (I forgot the fabric line)matches the baby elephant (Kona Wasabi) with some gray to break up the brightness. 
I quilted it using straight lined machine quilting.

Another of my goals for April was to finish the piecing of City Bank quilt.
Today I sandwiched the quilt...it is ready for quilting!
I also made my RSC block and the block for the Milky Way QAL.

I'm linking up to Elm Creek Quilts ~ OMG April Finish. Go over and check out everyone's progress!

9 comments:

  1. It's great that one row of elephants is marching in it's own direction. The yellow is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing these elephant quilts. I really love that you gave them tails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that elephant quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable is that elephant quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute elephant quilt. Nice label & back too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those elephants! That is a great pattern; I'm using Lorna's elephants for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year. I love the tail you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing these elephant quilts. I really love that you gave them tails.
    สูตรบาคาร่า
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments