Saturday, July 15, 2017

Here's what's happening!

The month of July has been filled with demolition/renovation of our kitchen. It has made me stay at home with workers coming and going. Some of my time at home has been spent cleaning out kitchen cabinets, sorting things we don't use or need, and living out of boxes! However, I have given myself permission to spend time in my sewing room also!
The color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month is blue which happens to be my most overflowing scrap bin. I made these 5 little spools blocks!
These don't use up a lot of scraps but I am lovin' these mini spool blocks! Linking up at So Scrappy.

I also used blue for this month's Milky Way Star ~ Regel.
Here are all the stars in the Milky Way...so far!
I may add some mini stars! Go over to Blossom Heart Quilts to see more.

I joined the Grandma's Kitchen Sew Along with Pat Sloan. This is the first time that I joined one of Pat's QAL. It is perfect for Domestic Diva by Riley Blake that I have had in my stash for quite some time. I won 2 charm packs way back when...but I didn't have any yardage. I did find some online and ordered 2 pieces for the bigger pieces needed. I also went to the fabric store to find some corals to coordinate. 
The blocks are released every Wednesday, so far 3 have been released. 
The first block is The Kitchen Table. It was easy to make out of the charm squares and some background fabrics. 
The second block needed longer than 5" so I'm waiting on my fabric order. 
The third block is The Key Holder. 
(The lighter coral fabric is one of the fabrics I found to coordinate with Domestic Diva)
I love how Pat includes a little story about her memories of her grandma's kitchen. I'm really enjoying this Sew Along! Head over to Pat Sloan's blog for all the information and blocks!
Finally, here is a cute picture of my niece's daughter with the quilt I made for her! She loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! on using up some BLUE scraps this week. More importantly, kudos to your niece for being the kind of person who send a photo of baby with the quilt you made. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those spools are great -- very high on my list too!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments