Monday, July 24, 2017

Plenty to do....

There is always plenty to do and since I have been home with workers coming and going 
(kitchen renovation in progress), 
I have had some time to spend in my sewing room. I decided that I needed to do some organization in-between projects. Since my dining room table is loaded with the odd and end contents of my kitchen cabinets 
(most things are in boxes throughout my house but some things don't fit well in boxes), 
I can't prefer not to (table verses floor) sandwich the last quilt top in my UFO's. But...
I did finally finished my Go Cubs Go! quilt that I made in honor of my life long favorite baseball team's incredible win of the World Series last year (2016) after 108 years!
I had the Cubs, baseball, and the pinstripe fabrics in my stash for quite a while just waiting for a time to make a quilt! This was the perfect time!
I used the economy block, alternating the Cubs and baseball fabrics with Kona red and blue. The sashing is Kona white. The border is a print that reminds me of hearts that I found at my now closed 😥 LQS! 
I 💙 the Chicago Cubs!
The backing is a vintage baseball print that I found online. This quilt finishes at 51" x 60.5" a perfect size for a throw or picnic. 
It is Nellie approved!
Back to a little organizing....
I found uncovered this mini quilt kit that I purchased at the International Quilt Festival this past spring. It is called Citrus Delight (one color way of many from the Friendship Pineapples series by Fabrications by Doris). 
It is a fun mini paper pieced block. 
Also, my neighborhood of Little Blue Houses had another population explosion!
There are now 56 houses in the neighborhood! All made out of different blue fabrics from my scraps. It was taking up a good portion of my design wall so the neighborhood came down (to make room for other projects). I am not done with it (or my blue fabrics 😝) yet! I'm still having fun!
What have your been doing?

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, your Cubs quilt is fantastic! Cute back fabric too. It was so fitting that they won the series last year. You're a wonderful fan. I always forget about your blue house neighborhood until I see it again. I love that each time we see it, it has grown. Love your words "population explosion". LoL.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments