Friday, January 12, 2018

Status Report

I'm still working on finishing my 2017 challenge quilts and one charity quilt but I'm happy to say that all of them are now in the flimsy stage! The charity quilt is  sandwiched and ready for quilting!
This 2 color Bear Claw is from a book about 2 color quilts. It is 40" x 56". 
I used a different layout than Pat Sloan for my Grandma's Kitchen Quilt. It was a bit of a challenge to put all the blocks together as there were 2 different size bocks. This quilt will finish at 60" square. 
I added the setting and corner triangles to the Milky Way quilt but I wanted to make it bigger so I first added a scrappy border using more of the scraps in the stars. Then I added an additional gray border. This quilt will finish at 56" square. 
 I'm not a big fan of square quilts yet these 2 quilts just happened to end up with a square layout.
My little spools are all arranged neatly in the thread shelf. I found this fabric that looks like wood and used it to border the spools. I love this Little Rainbow quilt. It will finish at 36" x 43". 

For 2018, I decided to join the Rainbow Scrap Challenge again over at 
So Scrappy. I will also do a temperature quilt following NeedleMom. You can find more information here
I will also join in making the Regatta Quilt with Home Sewn By Us

Now to get quilting so I can start on piecing for my new challenges! 

1 comment:

  1. I just love all of your quilt....good luck in getting them finished.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments