Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What's Up?

A couple of posts back, I showed you the split snowball quilt that I am working on and the mini that I started with all those tiny cutoffs. Since then, I added a border on the sides and sandwiched and hand quilted it. 
It is hard to see the quilting besides in the border but it is also quilted in the brown triangles. 
It fits perfectly in my table top stand.
You can see the quilting a little better from the back.
The backing is a cute print used for the border on the large snowball quilt.
Adorable?
 I love the little dancing cups on the borders.
I'm calling this one Mornin' Sunshine mini.

My knitting group is also working on a charity project. It is called Little Hats, Big Hearts and is with the organization Mended Little Hearts of Chicago partnered with the American Heart Association. All babies born in February 2015 at participating hospitals will receive a knitted/crocheted red hat to raise awareness for congenital heart defects. 

Here are 2 that I have made so far! They are quick and easy to knit. 

So that's what I've been up to...what about you?

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt and the hats are so cute. What a great project.

    I'm finding it really hard to comment on your blog. Everything jumps all over the place. I hope this goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Mornin' Sunshine turned out so cute! And I love it in your table top stand. So fun to have something new around the house :) I don't have one of those stands but would love to some day. Very cute little hats too. The babies will be blessed.

    I am trying to finish a quilt top with some Sweetwater "Mama Said Sew" fabric that I started in April. Just have the border left. After way tooooo much thinking on what to do, I think it is finally coming together. I have been working on it tonight. Things would be a lot easier if I just followed a pattern. :) but trying to let the quilt "talk" to me and making it up as I go.

    Hope school is going well. We are going to hit some garage sales and maybe an auction tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for helping us with our project: Little Hats, Big Hearts! Love the hats you've completed already!!! If any of your readers are interested in helping with this project to help raise awareness for the #1 birth defect, congenital heart defects, they can get more info at www.mlhchicago.org

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments