Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How can it be?

I know that I have been absent from my blog but how can it be that it has been almost 2 months? Time just flys by with a wink of the eye. 

I have been quite busy since my last post with several finished. My snowball quilt which I showed in progress is now all done. 
I finished the binding on our grueling trip back from Door County 
on Columbus Day. Traffic through Milwaukee took 2 hours! 
You can read more about the details here.
The backing is pieced from the left over pieces.
I quilted a clamshell motif over the snowballs and did some simple straight line quilting in the extra wide border separating each of the prints. 
It makes it feel like 6 borders!  
It finished at 64" x 78". 
I also finished knitting 8 newborn/premie hats for charity. I mentioned this project in previous post. The project is called Little Hats, Big Hearts and is with the organization Mended Little Hearts of Chicago partnered with the American Heart Association.
My knitting club has made 38 hats!

I also finished another mini quilt which was a result of blocks made and donated to a new quilt group in my community. We were to make 3 star blocks in red, white, and blue.


All this little cut-offs from making the points on the stars (flying geese) resulted in this little gem. 
It is 13 1/2" square...perfect for a candle mat or small table topper.  
I really love how the quilting looks... 

I have a couple more finishes and a few my quilts ready to be sandwiched...but I'll wait for another day! 

Hope you stay tuned and thanks for persevering through my 'drought'. 

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, I'm clapping for all of your finishes! Everything is wonderful. You must be able to knit in your sleep :) Such precious little hats to bless the little babies. Love the pinwheel star. Two of my favorite things in one block.

    Nice to see what you have been creating again.
    Janita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dawn, I love your quilt! The split snowballs look really cool and that border is a real showoff! Is that a single printed stripe fabric or is it several fabric prints? It frames your snowballs in a fabulous way. Your star blocks are beauties. And the candle mat is sweet. Love the quilting you've done on that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you back. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments