Saturday, April 16, 2011

Quilty News

On my last post I promised I would be back with my quilty news! 

And it was Friday Night Sew-In last night with Heidi and Bobbi! 
So...

 I have been continuing with hand quilting this.  I have been getting somewhere between 4-6 squares quilted while I'm watching TV 
[usually only 2 times during the week].  
That averages around 10 squares each week.  I have been enjoying the process of big stitching so I don't mind.

I also finished on my April Birdie Stitchery BOM.  
These blocks are so cute!



I also have started the 3rd wedding quilt.  
This one is for my nephew and his fiance.  
I finally cut out all the pieces and started sewing together the blocks.  
Last night for FNSI,  I finished sewing together the last 50 units.  
{there are a total of 320 units}
I then arranged them on my design wall, making sure the colors were distributed throughout the quilt.
After I was satisfied with the layout, I started sewing these units into larger blocks.  There are 16 units in each block. 
I ran out of energy around 10:30 last night after putting together 3 blocks.  
I got started this morning and now have 6 blocks sewn {out of 20.}
I think it looks like a modern wedding ring quilt.
What do you think?


That's my news...now follow me over to Heidi's to see what everyone else did last night!

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy. I like the bottom quilt and how it's turning out. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "big stitching" is fabulous... certainly a major design element.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments