I feel like a broken record! I just can't seem to find the time to get a post in as often as I would like. So here I am once again, more than a month since my last post. Argh!
But, I have found some time to finish another quilt.
Most of the fabrics for this quilt I bought way back when my husband and I went to Paducah, KY to pick out fabrics for his Mariner's Compass quilt.
The pattern is a Blue Underground pattern called Berkeley Square.
The background fabrics are a variety of Kona cottons. The contrasting fabric are a variety of mostly large scale prints. This pattern comes together fairly quickly...the blocks are 14"!
Inside the inner block, I FMQ using dots and dashes. I learned this technique from Lori over at The Inbox Jaunt. She has wonderful tutorials over at her blog!
The outside block is straight lined quilted every 1/2". This is pretty dense quilting for me.
The finished size is 70 1/2" x 84 1/2".
The backing is one of the fabrics from the front and a solid gray strip pieced between the cuts.
I have named this quilt Block Party!
I am happy with the way it turned out and glad to finally finish a quilt that I first was inspired to make in 2010!