Sunday, April 14, 2019

What's on My Design Wall?

This year I am determined to do more charity quilting. I have joined up with Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and the Hands2Help Campaign. I am sewing for Jack's Basket, a charity that provides quilts to families that have a child with down syndrome. 
I am combining my desire to use up my scraps with this project so I decided to do a scrappy ribbon quilt. I choose the 4 basic colors of red, green, blue and yellow. I also found a piece of flannel fabric with a child's print in my stash that I will use for the backing. 
Next step is to sandwich and quilt this sweet quilt. I'm linking up with the first check-in to show our progress. Go check out the other great charity quilting!
I also finished my 2nd RSC block for April. 
This is my Waterfront Starburst block in aqua!
Here are the first 4 blocks of 2019!
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy.
I'm also linking up to Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? and Finished or Not Friday and TGIFF at Slice of Pi Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Love your ribbon quilt. Very pretty.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your projects! But I have to ask what size sqs. for your H2H quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those waterfront starburst blocks are really cute. They look like pretty packages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Love the ribbon quilt. Helping H2H is so good. Your Starburst blocks are pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super idea to use these scrappy blocks to make a ribbon quilt! I hope you don't mind if I tuck that away into my "inspiration file." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two absolutely beautiful cheery projects! Like Louise, I may copy your ribbon rainbow one for a donation quilt if that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn! I have to agree with Louise and Sandra - your ribbon idea is a fabulous use of scraps. Look how cute they look all together in a quilt! And for Jack's Basket too, no less. I'm shipping off a few quilts to them next week - I have to remember to take a photo before the box is sealed up. Anyway, cute, cute, cute and I'm going to PIN for later. You always inspire me - thank you for that. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments