Saturday, October 31, 2020

I finally finished it!

 I am excited to show you my finished Quiet Play Pattern Club 2019 finish! I named it~ Look on the Bright Side. This quilt is entirely paper pieced. I love paper piecing but it does take me longer to finish each block as there are many small pieces that go into these blocks. 

The top has been finished since late summer but I really didn't know how to quilt it.
The backing is a piece of rainbow stripe fabric.
I finally decided to just quilt an overall meander. 
This quilt makes me so happy! 
I bound it with Kona Navy. 
Here is the coloring sheet I used as I made each block. 
This quilt finishes at 51" x 61.5"
The Quiet Play Pattern Club is the creation of Kristy Lea.  She did run a club for 2020 but I didn't participate because I was still working on my 2019 blocks!
I will link to Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop? @Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Favorite Finish Monthly Link Up @MeadowMistDesign.
 
I also put together my RSC quilt! Here it is with borders added.
Linking to ScrapHappyBooDay @SoScrappy.
Linking to SoScrappy:Wrapping up the year

I promised to show you the placemats I finished to go with the Tossed Apples table runner. Here they are...
They are getting good use this Fall!
Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather! We have had some snow flurries but the colors were beautiful this year! 
Stay safe!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Great projects all around. I LOVE your Look at the Bright Side! There's a lot of work in those blocks. Your RSC quilt really came together with that border. I love how the rows are graduated. The apple placemats are scrumptious! Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It feels great to get this project finished! It was fun to make and I love how it finished. I'm looking forward to getting my RSC-20 finished but I do have another quilt waiting attention. (Sorry about replying here but I am still having problems getting emails from comments on the new blogger.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM!...Dawn is standing on the table again! Ha!
    Congratulations on your Quiet Play quilt finish! It looks amazing. What a great job you did with those blocks. So awesome! I love seeing your RSC quilt coming together. It’s another amazing looking design. The runner and placemats are delicious looking. They are great Fall table decor.
    MOM!............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes! I really love your Look on the Bright Side quilt. It's so colorful and cheerful, just what we all need. Now I've got an earworm of Keep on the Sunny Side, which is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful quilt, good on you! Paper piecing is not my favourite, so I know this must have taken you ages to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - lots of fun things going on in your sewing room! I love your Quiet Play word quilt - it's really amazing! Your RSC quilt has turned out wonderfully, too. Looks like you found the perfect border for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE your new quilt (and that new RSC quilt top, too!!!) Those tossed apples?? SEW tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a beautiful quilt! I love your Quiet Play Pattern Club! And your RSC quilt too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish, Dawn! I love how it turned out, so bright and happy. The meander is a great quilting choice, letting the block designs really shine. Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow on your projects - even paper pieced - great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn! Love, love, LOVE how Quiet Play turned out. It's a beauty and I can totally see why it makes you happy. And you got your RSC quilt top together, too?! Geez - you are rocking it. I can't wait to play along with RSC in 2021. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your Quiet Play Pattern Club quilt finish! I absolutely adore your quilt (and would make one of my own, if I didn't abhor the act of paper piecing!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous finishes. The RSC quilt is interesting and fun. Love your Tossed Apple placemats and runner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo! Bravo! Great finishes! Your RSC quilt is stunning. Love all the little bits. Makes me want to get a closer look!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments