Saturday, November 13, 2021

A Finish!

                                               My first RSC finish of 2021!                                           I found time last week to complete the quilting and binding of my Rainbowlicious quilt! This quilt pattern is Joy Luck by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. 

The original layout of this pattern was stacked blocks with sashing between the columns rather than side by side with sashing between the rows. Due to the number of colors (11) and the number of blocks of each color (10), I decided that this would be the best layout. 
I'm calling this quilt Rainbowlicious because the definition of rainbowlicious is "a deliciousness of colors in an array of beauty so good you can feel it, taste it, as hues across the spectrum of light, alight you." Roseanne @Home Sewn By Us said that they reminded her of wrapped pieces of candy. Thanks Roseanne for the inspiration in naming this quilt! 
                 The backing I found in my stash ~ a colorful floral print that has many of the colors of the rainbow in it. 
It was a beautiful Fall day for the photo shoot of this quilt! 
The blocks were made monthly over the year as the color of the month is announced by Angela over at So Scrappy. I added one additional color (peach). The blocks are all machine pieced and the quilting is FMQ in a simple braid in 2 different sizes. 
The quilt finished at approx. 40" x 40". 
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @So Scrappy, Can I get a Whoop, Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Linky Party @Patchwork and Quilts, Brag About Your Beauty @From Bolt to Beauty, Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Foto Fun @Powered by quilting
Linking to Favorite Finish @Meadow Mist Designs

I also finished my November step for the Macaron Mystery QAL @Meadow Mist Designs. Here are the 3 steps so far!
Hope you had a great week of quilting! 

9 comments:

  1. That is a lovely quilt - definitely Rainbowlicious! I really like your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful rainbow finish! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finished rainbow quilt, it certainly is Rainbowlicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Rainbowlicious RSC quilt finish, Dawn!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well isn’t Rainbowlicious the perfect name for this quilt! I too always thought the blocks looked like wrapped candy. It’s not only satisfying for you to have it finished, but satisfying also for those of us who have watched you putting it together all these months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is so beautiful!! and congrats on your RSC finish too ( in the same year!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing rainbow quilt! And lovely pictures :) Enjoy your finish! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did two RSC quilts?!!! It's beautiful! I'm hoping to join in next year.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments