Saturday, June 10, 2023

RSC and something new

It has been a while since I have been able to sew anything significant much less post. The end of the school year and teaching (yes, I've retired!) has been incredibly busy this year.  Only thing left is a luncheon on Monday.

I finally finished 2 more orange buttons, and since June's colors are light blues and light greens, I went ahead and finished 4 of each. 

3rd and 4th orange button block

All 4 orange button blocks
light green buttons

light blue buttons
All the buttons so far! Reminds me of my grandma's button box! Linking to Scrap Happy Summer @SoScrappy, Off the Wall Friday @Creations-Quilts, Art and More, Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop @Confessions of a fabric addict, and Link Party @Quilting Patchwork, and Wednesday Wait Loss @The Inquiring Quilter 

I will give you a sneak peek at what I have been slowly working on! It is a gift so I may not reveal it for a while. We will see. I don't think anyone involved reads my blog so I may be able to do a reveal once it is finished!

That's it for now! Happy stitching!


8 comments:

  1. The buttons are a great RSC block! Good for H2H, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of buttons, they really look like a button's jar ;) The mystery project is pretty too, I'm looking forward to see more of it! Congratulations for being retired, enjoy the extra sewing time ;)
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little button blocks are so sweet. Fabulous fabrics make for a fantastic 'button box'. Your secret quilt is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so simple an idea and cute as a button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having done several projects with real buttons, I find your project intriguing. Love your colors! Hoe will you put them together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, those are great button blocks - they do look like my mother's (and my) button box! Your surprise quilt is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those button blocks are adorable! Love that tantalizing sneak peek. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/07/wednesday-wait-loss-331

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your button blocks are adorable! Great design for a kid's quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments