Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Progress!

Last year I participated in a QAL called Oh Say Can You Sew. Clue 5 ask you to make 128 blocks which were made from 9- 1" HST. That meant I needed to make 1152 - 1 1/2" unfinished HST! That is a LOT of very small HSTs! 

After making 80, I put the project aside and forgot about it. Well sort of...it was in one of my project boxes just looking at me...reminding me that this UFO needed attention. So this week while I waited for the backing fabric I ordered for the mountain adventure quilt, I picked it up and took some time to figure out where I left off. Instead of making more HSTs right away, I decided to make the ones already completed into 9-patch blocks. Here is my progress.

I also cut more tumbler blocks for my EPP project so they would be ready to come on vacation with me.

I finished the binding on the quilt I made for a wedding gift! I love how it turned out! Shh! It is a surprise but I don't think anyone involved reads my blog. 
The bride wanted muted greens and my daughter picked the pattern. I did make slight changes in the pattern. I haven't yet found a name for it. A couple ideas are 'Agave You' (I love you) or just 'Agave'. My daughter thought the quilt reminded her of an agave plant hence the names.  Any suggestions are welcome! Help me decide!
The backing is all one piece.
Linking to Monday Musing @Songbird Designs, To-Do Tuesday @For the Love of Fabric, Design Wall Monday @Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Sew & Tell @Melva Loves Scraps
I also finished piecing this little baby quilt and I now received the backing I order so I need to get started on sandwiching and quilting!
Hopefully I will get started on this soon!

6 comments:

  1. Love all of your projects. The mountain quilt is going to be a lovely scene! I have so many HST's (from trimmings) to use up. I keep thinking I'll pull them out while we watch tv or something but it's been awhile. That's a nice use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agave you seems a perfect and clever name. It looks so nice!
    I do not favor hst's ESPECIALLY that size in a mystery. No thank you. I can understand why you needed a break.
    Love the mountains in your quilt. God luck getting it quilted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's A LOT of HSTs... wow! Thanks for sharing all of your projects in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dawn! That's a LOT of little tiny HSTs!! I can see why you needed a short break, but now you are back on track! Your wedding gift quilt is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all those tiny little squares made my fingers hurt & I'm not even holding scissors 🤣 the muted green quilt is absolutely beautiful as well as the baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments