Friday, August 25, 2023

I'm back and so soon 😜

 I'm back again with more updates of what's been happening. Since I didn't want to overwhelm my last post, I decided to split it in 2 so here is part 2.

August's color of the month for the RSC is yellow! Since I was on vacation for the first 2 weeks of August, I got started with my yellow button blocks this past week. 

I can't wait to see all these buttons together as I now have quite the stack of button blocks! I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @SO Scrappy

This is the 3rd year that I have participated in the #30daysofimprovqal hosted by @shannonfraserdesigns and Amanda @broadclothstudio. The QAL started on July 30th and we are in the 4th week. Again, I was on vacation for the first 2 weeks but caught up by doing all 3 prompts in one week - stripes, L shapes, and triangles! This week was curves! 



As you can see, this year I am sewing only from my green scrap bin. I will probably make a few more blocks as we arrange and rearrange in Composition Week next week. 

Before my vacation, I pulled out a UFO that I started last year called 'Oh Say Can You Sew' on Facebook. The original quilt pattern called for 1152 - 1 1/2" HST. 
That is where I stopped and put the project bin away.  
After pulling that bin out again, I decided to cut down the size of the finished quilt so I would need to make fewer HSTs to finish. I would only need 648. The quilt will still be a nice size laid out in a 5x7 grid. 
Here is a peek at my current progress. I have all the blocks finished and I'm working on piecing the sashing. All fabrics are from my stash or scraps. 
I think that I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. It is rare for me to put away a quilt that I have started for as long as this one sat. Do you have projects that you give up on? Do you eventually finish them? 

5 comments:

  1. Fun projects on the go, Dawn! Hoping you enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yellow button blocks are so cute! I love the improv blocks, too - your blocks with the curves are impressive. Good luck with the UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your improv quilt blocks! and I also like your Oh Say Can You Sew blocks. I think that will be beautiful when finished. You've done great August stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, projects eventually get finished here. I can admit to having a couple of 20 year old projects that finally reached completion! And of course I always ask myself, why do I pack these half finished projects away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn! I do actually have some projects that I've given up on. Maybe it's because my tastes have changed or that I no longer have an interest in finishing it. At some point, I'm going to bundle them all up and ask others if they are interested in giving them a home. I hope the new school year is going well for you, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments