Saturday, May 22, 2010

The results are in....

It's Saturday morning and time to reveal the results of last night's sew-in.  A BIG thank you to Heidi and Bobbi for sponsoring this monthly event!  If you haven't joined in yet, don't miss the FUN next month! So here is what I accomplished....

First, I worked on cutting and serging the edges of these squares of fabrics to be used for...shh! It's a secret! I promise I'll come back later to reveal the secret. Don't you just love the colors of the stripes?


And then I worked on sewing back together the quilt I mentioned in my last post...the one that I picked all the stitches out cuz I was not happy with it!!! I never took a 'before' picture but I do have a picture of one of the blocks from the second quilt in another color.  Instead of the yellow, just imagine...the block in brown.  Simply boring!




[These will also be picked apart and recut and stitched.]  

So all I can give you are little peeks cuz this quilt is also a surprise for someone.  Shh!



  
It still needs 2 or 3 more borders to complete the top but a least it is at the same point as when I started unsewing!  I added the red bandana fabric to give it some 'POP' and also alternated between churn dash and broken dishes blocks.  The main fabric is Happy Camper from Clothworks.  Cute isn't it?

And now some family pictures....


This is my daughter, Brit, and her boyfriend, Young, at their BBQ following her graduation.


Korean BBQ is delicious!


I hope you had as much fun sewing as I did last night! It is so rewarding to see projects come together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments