Thursday, May 13, 2010

UPDATE...finally

Again it has been a while since I have been able to get around to my blog.  There has been a lot going on following my daughter, Kirsten's graduation.  She arrived home on Monday, May 3rd and started packing up her things.  She has moved to South Dakota and has started her new job.  On the Friday before she left,  our wonderful family friends hosted a Open House/Art Gallery to show her work.  Here are a few pictures...








Early Saturday she was headed for Rapid City, South Dakota.  That same night, May 8th, our oldest daughter, Brit, graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a degree in Art Education.  Yay!! We are so proud of her! Here are a few pictures from her graduation.

Receiving her diploma!




CONGRATULATIONS BRIT AND KIRSTEN!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU! WELL DONE!

The very next day was Mother's Day.  My daughter's did a nice job making me feel special! Take a look.



AND now for an update on the little bit of sewing I have been able to get done...I finished 5 more little bags and added a some bling.  I also knitted a pair of fingerless gloves to help out a friend (no picture).


Also, coming May 21st is the Friday Night Sew-In hosted by Heidi and Bobbi.  Head on over here to join the fun!  It's a great way to devote some serious time to catching up and maybe win a prize!

One last picture from my spring gardens.  Pretty...
That's all for now.  As summer comes, I will have more free time for the things I love! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW you have been busy over there. Congrats on the graudation and Mothers Day looked perfect. The little zipper bags...well you know I love those.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments