Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This and That

Memorial Day weekend was a beautiful weekend spent outside, inside and with good friends!  Friday night I spent sewing and made this:

I saw this on a blog and linked to the free pattern but then couldn't find the original blog where I saw it made.  Does that ever happen to you?  Anyways...I just love it...look at all the ruffles.  I will add that the instructions are not very detailed...not for a beginner.  I needed to change the size of the binding strip, added an inside pocket [all bags need pockets], and needed to adjust sewing together the lining and bag to make them fit better.  I must say that there is plenty of room inside!!

Saturday was mostly spent outside cleaning the gardens, planting flowers, and washing windows.  There is something about clean sparkly windows that leave the sunshine in! A productive day!  On Saturday evening, my hubby and I spent the evening watching the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Playoffs!  While I am not a hockey fan, I am a Chicago sports fan!  It was a great high scoring game and the Hawks came out on top!! One down and 3 to go!  Of coarse, my hands could not be idle so I worked on a little stitchery.  A peek a little later...

Sunday, another beautiful day!  After church, I decided to sandwich and quilt my Happy Camper surprise quilt.  I still need to quilt the borders and then bind it!  Almost done!  In the late afternoon, spent time with hubby preparing and planting the vegetable garden.  Nothing like fresh veggies from the garden!!

On Monday, we were invited to our dear friends home for breakfast, Memorial Day parade and relaxing fun!  We love this family like our own!  Here is a picture of Ruth's breakfast table...


We arrived home to settle in and watch the last 2 periods of the Blackhawks game!  Another exciting game with the Hawks coming out with the WIN!  I did a lot better watching and following the plays.  Hockey is a very fast moving and physical game!  2 down, 2 to go!  Go HAWKS!!

I finished the stitchery block that I started working on.  Here's a peek:
Note to self: Must prep another block!

Hope your long weekend was as productive and enjoyable as mine!  



1 comment:

Sweet sentiments