Thursday, June 10, 2010

What have I been up to?

So I haven't posted in awhile...but this is what I've been up to...

First, the June Friday Night Sew-In is on the 18th.  Come join the fun.  I know I have plenty to work on!
This month it is hosted by Bobbi as Heidi is getting ready to move.  Sign up on Bobbi's blog over here.
Don't miss out on the fun!

Secondly, I joined a quilt along hosted by Kelly over at Charming Chatter and Darlene at Quilting Daze.  I have decided to do the mini version following Kelly but have downloaded Darlene's larger quilt pattern to keep for a later date.  This week we were to cut our fabric. I chose to use the charm squares I won at the grand opening of a local quilt store.  I chose Kona White for the background fabric.  Here are my charms all cut and ready to sew. Tomorrow I will cut the Kona for the background.




Thirdly, I have joined in the 7 day give away at Jane's Fabrics and Quilts.  Today was day 4 and I'm just getting around to mentioning it.  Some weeks are like that... I did previously link to Jane's store on my sidebar.  Cute fabrics there so go on over and take a look.  
jane3.jpg

And finally, I have done most of the quilting on my surprise Happy Camper quilt.  I have also sandwiched the Mariner's Compass quilt and started the quilting on it.  AND I almost finished another stitchery block!  No pictures of these yet.  I still need to unstitch the 2nd Happy Camper blocks and start sewing together the 96 finished red & white blocks for my Robbing Peter to Pay Paul quilt.  

One last  thing to mention...The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup yesterday and brought it home to Chicago!!  Chicago waited 49 years.  They were a lot of fun to watch! Big celebration tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you're joining us in the Quilt Along Dawn - and I love the fabric you chose! It's going to be so cute! Sounds like you've been a busy girl - can't wait to see the Happy Camper's Quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments