Saturday, April 17, 2010

April's Friday Night Sew-In and Fest

For this Friday Night Sew-In, I decided to make the tote bag that Heidi and Bobbi offered.  It looked like a fun project and it was!!  Thanks Bobbi & Heidi!! I decided I would change it up a bit by adding a pocket inside (I always need pockets! Don't you?) and I changed the handles.  I had so much fun and liked the results that I made 2!  What do you think?



I also spent some time organizing, washing and pressing fabric for my next quilt and making a list of things to get at the quilt festival.  So this morning, I was off to meet my friend, Tracy, at the festival.  

We met up with not too much difficulty and started by admiring the many beautiful quilts.  Here is a small sample of them...
Churn dash, architectural, mariner's compass art quilt, and units...
dandelions, play with H's, pineapple and bright scrappy flowers...
landscape and stars...
And we then headed to the venders.  It is a bit overwhelming with way too many choices!!!  I am glad that I limited myself and brought out my list.  I actually pretty much stayed the coarse.  (Remember I just had a big shopping spree in Cedar Rapids last month! ) I got a yard of a coordinating Moda fabric from Make Life (purchased a piece in Cedar Rapids) and the template and thread I needed for the Mariner's Compass.  I now need to get busy and sandwich and quilt the Mariner's Compass.  It has been on hold for too long...



It has been a fun 2 days playing with fabrics and seeing so much eye candy!  Ahh! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn, I am Dawn as well! I clicked on your name at the FNSI list because it is the same as mine. I had to leave this comment for you because I am new to blogging and your blog name was one that I had considered and the "on pins and needles" part in the name of my applique group! So you see, I just had to say hi! I love your quilt photos. I am sure you had a great time at the quilt show. And your bags turned out cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments