Sunday, April 11, 2010

Updates...

It has been some time since I have posted, so I thought I better give an update of what I have been up to.  
First, the mariner's compass is on hold for a short while.  The top is completed, batting ready, backing washed and ready to sandwich.  I am waiting for the INTERNATIONAL QUILT FESTIVAL in Rosemont, IL this coming weekend, April 15 - 18.  There I plan on purchasing the template my husband has picked out and some thread for the quilting.  I love this inspiring festival and have been eagerly waiting for the annual event. Typically, I spend the first part of my day admiring the beautiful quilts on display - from traditional to art quilts, postcards to large sized, machine or hand pieced and/or quilted.  Such talent from around the world! Then, I visit the many merchants vending a myriad of products useful for quilters and crafters.   Every notion you can think of, fabrics galore, patterns, machines, etc.  Of coarse there are speakers, classes and other hands-on opportunities.  If you are in the area, don't miss it!  This is one nice thing about living in Chicagoland! 

I also completed a table runner that I purchased almost 2 years ago on a Shop Hop.  I wanted to learn the technique of adding piping to my quilts so I purchased this kit.  It has been on my 'to-do' list since.  Now it is a finish!



I also have been knitting for a service project in honor of a young mother from my church who lost the fight against cancer about a month ago.  The Monday Night Knitting Group will be using her yarn (donated by her husband) to make chemo caps.  I have completed 2 hats.



The week just before Easter, we took delivery of our new appliances.


And Easter weekend was full of family time....

Our beautiful daughters!
My brother and sister-in-law with their grandson, Izaak.
A very happy baby!

Finally, head over to Jandi in Stitches for a give-away!  She is giving away a charmpack of Moda's Fruitcake.  Delicious! And get ready for this Friday Night Sew-in!  What will you be doing? Go here or here to join the fun! Look for my results on Saturday and pictures from the Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments