Thursday, September 9, 2010

Charming Girl's Club Aspirations for Sept and Oct

Somehow with all the time away from home recently, I missed the announcement of the Charming Girl's Club new theme and setting of new goals.  Not sure how that happened as I tried to keep up as best I could.  So here is the Charming Theme:


We are to share how we quilt our quilts, tips and tricks we use, books to recommend, and pictures to show.   I can't wait to hear what my charming friends have to say.  I'll just have to think on this one a bit more.  

My July/August goals were just about completed.  Our vacation/family times were wonderful!  I finished all my quilting goals with the exception of Happy Camper 2 quilt.  This was intentionally put on the 'back burner' due to the 3 wedding and a new baby announcements we received over the summer.  My stitchery quilt layout was designed but I will not be putting it together yet [for the same reasons].  
My reading goals were surpassed as mentioned here.  I also finished reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, read 3 books in the Cedar Cove series by Debbie Macomber and I'm currently reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  That's 9 books finished and one on the way!

My aspirations for Sept/Aug are:

Reading: continue reading although the pace will slow as I'm back in school.

Exercise: I joined a local health club and my goal is to get there 4-5 times a week.  I actually joined with my D1 so she could push me there, literally.  But she got a job teaching [yay!] and needed to move closer to school.  I am on my own to get there unless she is visiting.  She is still encouraging me as she has given me pep talks on the phone!

Quilting: ~ I have joined a Free Motion QAL.  I hope to practice my free motion quilting so I can feel more confident in my quilting.  
~ I have begun the piecing for my D2's wedding quilt.  I need to continue piecing the blocks.
~ Plan and prepare wedding quilts for close friend's daughter's wedding and nephew's wedding.
~ Plan and prepare baby quilt for another nephew's first baby.
~ Continue Frosty Flakes BOM and making hexies from my scraps box when I am away from my machine.
Family and Friends: ~ assist D2 in wedding plans as needed.
~ learn to Skype to make communication easier with daughters.
~ clean and organize newly spare bedrooms
~ time with hubby and friends: local HS football games, camping one last time over Columbus Day

I really like setting goals and working to get those check marks ~ DONE! Seems to be a great motivator for me...let's hope it continues as the weather cools off and fall begins.  [hint: I am a warm weather gal!] 

Another great motivator is Friday Night Sew-In!  The September FNSI is on September 17th.  If you would like to join us, hop over to Heidi's blog and sign right up!  It is a lot of fun!

I'm off to read some Charming Friends goals and quilting ideas then off to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments