Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Little Sidetracked and a Sneak Peek

So I got a little sidetracked from my goals...
Sew many of the blogs I've been visiting are showing off their fall/Halloween quilts.  I saw this cute little quilt on Stash Manicure posted by Polly of Aunt Polly's Porch.  I just loved it and couldn't seem to get him out of my mind.  So I just had to do it!  I cleared away the wedding quilt and the Frosty Flakes (the commission bags are waiting hardware) and started cutting away.  Here he is!  Hanging around outside.


but it was chilly outside so on the table seemed more comfortable.


It's not bad to have a diversion now and then...

As for my daughter's wedding quilt, I have finished 1/2 of the blocks!  
Now normally I'd wait to finish all the blocks before sewing the rows together to finish the top. 
Do you do that or do you put together the rows as you finish? Hmmm! Just wondering. 
But I just needed to see how the knots were going to come together.  
As I promised, I was given permission from my daughter to just give a peek.  
[She reads my blog and she wants it to be a surprise although she knows the colors and pattern.]


That's what I've been up to...what about you?

2 comments:

  1. How adorable is that? I love it! Very nice job - and great for fall! Lovely quilt, too! Way to sew girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... happy little pumpkin! Good job! Hmmm... mot times, I have to sew a block together to see the end product, then I am calm enough to sew it the faster way, by rows. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments