Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm joining...

the Simple Things Quilt Along over at Charming Chatter.  




I have decided to join in even though my summer is packed full of wedding activities. Last summer's quilt along was so much fun that I just don't want to miss it. Kelly has assured me that the quilt along will go at a slower pace so I should be able to keep up.  I'm hopeful even though I haven't had anytime recently to sew/craft anything other than for the wedding.  Here is a peek of one of the things I've been working on. I've made well over 30 of them. 


More on these later.

So I have decided to do the smaller version of the quilt due to my time constraints. Here is Kelly's...isn't it pretty.


Carol over at Brown Quilts is offering a larger version of the quilt.  Here is Carol's quilt...so lovely in its patriotic colors!


So last week we were to pick out our fabrics and today we got the cutting instructions.  I have chosen to use the lovely Charlevoix fabric line by Minick & Simpson for Moda. I fell in love with this fabric when it was introduced and I think this quilt will be perfect for it.  I will be using Bella white for the background and a red & white dot from my stash.  Take a look!


Perfect don't you think?

Note: There is still time to join my giveaway.  Just scroll down to the previous post or click here. It is open until my birthday, June 20th!

Also, next Friday night, June 17th is the FNSI. Click on the button on my sidebar to join in on the fun.  

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your progress of your quilt with those gorgeous fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments