Friday night results are in and although I didn't get as much done as I hoped, I pretty pleased. I sandwiched 2 quilts and now they are ready to be quilted.
This was the first quilt I worked on and pin basted it without any problems. On to the 2nd one. This is where I ran into a little problem...the back down and taped, batting down and smoothed out, and the top...wait something is wrong...it needs something to make it pop...just to much white space...hmm...just a little border to frame it...OK, top up and in my sewing room looking through stash to find the perfect border...or at least on that will work...cut, sew, press...ready...back upstairs. Now I knew that the backing was a little tight and would just make it before...now about an inch to short...can't squeeze it...take up top, batting...untaped the backing...back to my sewing room to piece the back...look through stash, cut, stitch, press...done. Start again...backing, batting, top, pin baste and ready!
yellow gingham border added
pink checked piece added
I still had a little time to play with this before saying good night around 11:00pm. *Smile*
I've been pretty busy today but I'll be checking what everyone did tomorrow...unless I get a chance to sneak a peek tonight.
I'm linking to Quilt Story.