Saturday, November 17, 2012

Catching up and FNSI

Work has been very busy most of the fall so I haven't spent as much time as I usually do in my sewing room. 
So I took a little time off of Blog Hops to do some catching up. 
I had fallen behind in both the Craftsy BOM and the BOM with Quilt Story. 
For the FNSI, I made these 2 blocks that I will use in place of the April Craftsy BOM blocks. 
Disappearing 4-patch

Disappearing 9-patch

The April blocks were supposed to be English Paper Piecing. Since I am already have a long term paper piecing project in process, I decided not to do those blocks and replaced the blocks in the quilt with these. They are the last of the blocks I needed to make!

After sewing the blocks, I started knitting this scarf.


This will be a scarf, hat, and mitten set that will be donated for a 5 year old boy. One of the schools that I work at adopts families for Christmas and this was one of the needs. The pattern is very easy and goes fairly quickly. 

 Between Hops, I managed to complete these Craftsy BOM blocks.




October blocks were paper piecing.



September blocks were curved piecing.
I am now working on sashing and the borders!

I also worked on the BOM with Quilt Story blocks. 


October was Pinwheel. 


November is Log Cabin. 
Each month has a theme but you could choose any block that fits the theme. My blocks are also half the size...measuring 6". I do have a plan...hope it turns out like I envision in my head. 
I have the week off for Thanksgiving Holiday! I hope to get a few more things done as well as joining in the fun of the Holiday Lane Pillow Blog Hop! It starts on Wednesday! Check here for the schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for you Dawn! IT all looks wonderful. I Can't wait to see the finishes. I followed along with the Craftsy BOM but do not have any blocks sewn :( I did get my dresden Turkeys finished! It was a fun project and wonderful to have finished project in a short amount of time. I posted pictures on my blog. Thanks for sharing. janita

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments