Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday's Summary ~ Almost a finish!

Last week I participated in the Blog Hop so I didn't post my Sunday Summary...but I was quilting! 

I am almost finished with the triangle quilt that I posted about here. Yesterday being International Quilting Day, I spent time sewing on the binding and hand stitching it. I am a little over 1/2 way done with the hand stitching.
This is an art interpretation quilt that I still can't say too much about yet. I am so excited about this as it is my first such quilt. 
In honor of International Quilting Day, I watched several episodes of The Quilting Show which were free to non-members this weekend. So I hooked my iPad up to the television and while I hand stitched the binding, I watched
#509 Machine Quilting Magic with Joanie Zeier Poole
#1111 Pleasure of Painting Fabrics with Cindy Walter
Of coarse, I had to stop a few times to take some notes on some tips and techniques. 
I also watched episode #103 Visualizing Color with Joan Wolfrom.
I'm hoping to have time to view a few more episodes.

I also took time to make this banner for my niece and nephew to match the quilt I made for their 1st baby due next month. 
Their nursery theme is airplanes...colors are red white and blue...for baby boy on the way. This was hung to decorate at her shower at work. 
I also played a little with my ongoing hexagon project. I often make hexagons when I don't have a knitting or other hand stitch project to take along to my knitting club on Monday evenings. 
Seems I've been working on these off and on for a long time and this is what I have so far (one more row of scrappy colored flowers finished.) I have been working on the Kona snow flowers lately. I can see from the size that this will continue to be an ongoing project for some time...and all the connecting hexis still need to be done. 
Did you do something special to celebrate International Quilting Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet sentiments