Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mid~week update = a finish!

Remember when I was playing with stripes and made these?
These squares were hanging around my design wall and I wanted to to something with them before moving on to another project. So I pulled out the remainder of the striped fabric and continued making squares. Since I didn't have enough fabric to make them all the size of these original squares, I made some smaller, trimmed some to fit, and them put them all together. This is what I came up with. I'm naming it Squared. 
I backed the quilt with a solid pink from my stash and FMQ with interlocking squares. 

Don't look too close as I was having a little trouble with thread breakage however I believe it was the thread not the design. This design was inspired by this interlocking circle tutorial.  The quilt is finished at about 30" x 36". 
I will donate this quilt to Project Linus.


  1. That looks great! I know someone will love it.

  2. This looks awesome! I love how the squares layer on top of each other.

  3. I love your quilt! What a lovely quilt for Project Linus! Nancy:

  4. I LOVE how you put different sized squares together in this quilt. Very very nice.


Sweet sentiments