Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A quick update

I'm trying to be better at updating my blog on my progress and projects. On my last post, I showed the 4 quilts that were in the flimsy stage with the Bear Claw sandwiched and ready for quilting! Since then, I have finished it. 
(with the exception of a photo shoot and a label)
I also sandwiched my Little Spool Quilt and have done about 1/2 of the quilting. 

I gave myself permission to work a little piecing on the 2018 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. January's color is light blues. I'm doing a Flying Geese block and some Scrappy Plus blocks. 
For this block I'm using this tutorial by Color Girl Quilts. 

For the Plus blocks I cut 3 1/2" squares and 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" rectangle and put it together in the basic 9 patch method. Instead of making the middle row 3 squares since I was using the same fabrics I choose to use a rectangle...saves on seam allowances. 
I don't have a layout in mind yet or how many I will need of each. Once we get in a few more months of colors I will figure that out. 

I finally gathered all the fabrics for the Regatta quilt by Home Sewn By Us
Here is my color choices.

I need to label the order and start cutting. I'm a little behind but very excited to start this one!

I am still waiting on my fabric order for the Temperature Quilt by NeedleMom
I have made a spread sheet to keep up with the daily highs and lows for my hometown. 

I'm linking up to SoScrappy ~ ScrapHappy Saturday and Stitch All The Things ~ To Do Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your Flying Geese block!! Nice contrast with the light, dark, and color pop. Perfect block for the RSC! You've chosen a great color progression for your Regatta quilt. I look forward to seeing that one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spools quilt is so pretty; I just love it! Those flying geese blocks are amazing too! Love the fabric pull for your Regatta quilt. Those colors are just amazing together! Thank you so much for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments