Monday, July 30, 2018

Fun Mail Day!

Today my book, Quilts! Quilts! Quilts! came in the mail! 
No, I am not a published author. However, I have been working on my 3rd book of Quilts for several weeks! 
Every couple of years, I put together a book to document the quilts that I have made (totaling 168.) I include a little about each quilt: techniques, fabrics, the recipient, if it was given to someone, the size and date of completion. 
I use an online book publisher. There are many but I started with Picaboo 
(when I made a book for my daughter's wedding) 
and have stayed with them. 
I like the quality and it is easy to use.
Here are all three of my 'published' quilt books! 

I also have another quilt just about finished! I have been thinking about this quilt for months and I found and bought the fabrics back in April at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago. I drew out the plan on graph paper and determined the size, etc but then things stalled. 
After I finished Harry Potter, I just had to make it a priority so that it would happen before school started again (and be out of my head!) 
Here is a peek.
I may put together a tutorial if anyone is interested. 
The finish is coming soon! 

5 comments:

  1. Rythm and Blues is a lovely quilt....and what a great idea to put books together with all your quilts. This is something I should think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great way to document your quilts (and any other type of art form). These books will be great keepsakes for the generations following you. Love your new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt, all those blues, it is gorgeous. The books are a great idea. I did one for my nephews wedding and it turned out great, will use your idea for documenting your work, brilliant idea. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn! What a fun idea and 168 quilts! Holy moly! I love the fabrics and shades you used in Rhythm in blues. I would love to see a tutorial (and share it on my blog, if you let me). Happy Tuesday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books to document your quilts is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments