Friday, July 20, 2018

New Finish

I have been keeping busy finishing the Harry Potter quilt my daughter requested for her SIL's baby. Katie is a Harry Potter fan. I, on the other hand, do not know much about Harry Potter so my daughter had to feed me some ideas. She wanted me to use this quote from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."
I pieced together the 6 1/2" letters from scrap fabrics to make the top but wasn't sure what to do for the back.
 
Harry Potter licensed fabric was a bit too expensive so I needed to do something different. I came across a Hogwart's Seal cross stitch pattern. Since it was made of all squares, I knew that I could translate it into a fabric pattern. 
I determined what size each square would need to be in order to fit the front of the quilt. 
Here is the finished back.
This quilt is a 2-sided quilt. Either side could be used as the front. I kept the quilting simple sewing straight lines down the length of the quilt about 1" apart. 
It finishes at 36" x 45"

I'm linking up to Finish or Not at Busy Hands Quilts, Can I get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, and Midweek Makers at quilt fabrication.




7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that quote but I didn’t remember that it came from the Harry Potter series (and I’ve read all the books). The quilt is adorable. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! I've not read a single HP book, but this quilt turned out fabulously! What a cool idea, making it reversible. I am sure that mom and eventually baby will just adore this. It seems like you should make a few more to sell - there are lots of HP fans out there! Happy Saturday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both sides ! I AM sure the parents will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea for a quilt - love how it turned out!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am up to no good either. Sadly, the mischief remains unmanaged :-D
    Love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a brilliant quilt, I am sure she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments