Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Update!

It seems like forever since I have had anything to post about. Life just seems to get busier and my best intentions seem to go by the wayside. 
Until this week, I have had only little snippets of time to sew. So instead of starting a new project, I have been working on making progress on my little blue neighborhood. I could do a house in a small amount of time so I got several done. The next thing I knew, the population had grown to 100 little blue houses! 
After looking at the 100 houses and my almost diminished supply of different blue scraps, I decided that the neighborhood had reached it's quota. 
I sewed them into a 10 X 10 grid of houses. 
I then searched for a border that I thought would frame the neighborhood. I decided on a diamond chain border. Before I was even finished with it, I knew that it would need something more. 
Years ago, I framed my landscape quilt with a double border with mitered corners. I would do a mitered border but I would do a triple border. 
I love how it turned out! 
Each house is 4", the diamond border is 4", and the triple mitered border is 
2 1/2" making the quilt 53" squared.
I started making the blue and white houses back in February 2016 as a 'fill in' project when I didn't have enough time to work on anything else. I last reported on the neighborhood in August with 81 finished houses. I didn't really see the end of this project until I reach 100! 
While putting it together, I did find 3 duplicates fabrics, so I made 3 additional houses. The duplicates will probably end up on the back of the quilt. With 100 fabrics over almost 4 years, it was getting difficult to remember if I had already used certain fabrics. 
Next step...on to the quilting!
Linking up to To Do Tuesday @Stitch All the Things and Linky Tuesday @ Freemotion by the River

5 comments:

  1. All those houses! This looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,
    I just saw your blue neighborhood quilt. It is wonderful. I've wanted to make a house quilt for years and haven't found a pattern that I really like. I like this pattern. Can you share with me the name of the pattern, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt top! Love all those blue houses! Your multiple borders are lovely, they really finish the top. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn! Four inch houses - wowee! This looks fabulous. I adore that really cool looking border you added - the diamond chain!! I have never seen that before. I'm going to have to look that up to see how it's done. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments