Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Doing some catching up

It has been a while since I have update my temperature quilt! My summer plans were to start and complete a few quilts. In doing so, it was hard to sneak in time to do the regulars like my temperature blocks. I did, however, continue to log the highs and lows of every day!
I spent the last few days catching up on it...cutting all the block pieces and piecing them together, then the rows and finally adding them to the top! 
Here it is!
Look how warm our summer has been! I think we will have at least another row of those warm colors before the colors start to shift back to the cool yellow and greens AND before getting into the cold blues. 
Since we are in September already, the Rainbow Scrap Challenged announced a new color ~ dark blues. Plenty of those in my scrap bin! 
Here is my flying geese block.
I really like this block and will probably add more blocks to make the size of the quilt bigger! I will be limited by the amount of the crosshatch fabric I have left.
I also finished the Plus blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
Only a few more months to go!
I'm linking up to Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts, Making Monday at Love Laugh Quilt, Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag, To Do Tuesday at Stitch All The Things, Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, and Scrap Happy Saturday at So Scrappy

8 comments:

  1. Just in case we forget so quickly, here is a reminder of our way too many hot days one after another! You’re doing a great job of keeping up with that quilt. I like your new blocks for your rainbow scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your temperature quilt. It was a great idea to do it in solids. I loved seeing your flying geese blocks too. The blues look wonderful with the white and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your temperature quilt is looking good! I love mine and I am so glad I decided to jump in this year. I am thinking about making another one next year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love keeping up with your temperature quilt...my quilt would be all orange up till now....hotter than hadies here in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn! I would be very surprised to see anyone's temperature quilt that didn't have a lot of warm temperatures for this summer. It seems it was HOT everywhere. But it sure looks great!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your temperature quilt is amazing! Hopefully you'll get to add some cooler blocks soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love temperature quilts. Yours looks great. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your temperature quilt is looking fantastic! I'm so ready for this heat to be over! I always look forward to the end of October, since I know that's when it starts cooling down for us!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments