Sunday, September 2, 2018

After a Small Hiatus

First , let me tell you about our news and why I took a small hiatus from blogging (quilting and knitting, too) to visit family in Austin. We have some pretty exciting things happening there! My DD2 and SIL are expecting their first child AND our first grandchild in January! They are very excited as are we! 
Baby K Bump! They are not finding out the sex of the baby so we all will be surprised upon arrival!
These are a few of the things my daughter has made. She indigo dyed the onesie, made the teether/pacifier leash with teething beads and stitched one of her ultrasound pictures of Baby K! 
We were able to be in Austin for one of the ultrasounds! Things sure have changed since I had my daughter 30 years ago! Pretty amazing!
My SIL practicing on Miss Sadie!

MORE exciting news from Austin is that my DD3 was cloaked with her white coat at the ceremony officially starting her entry into Pharmacy School. In 4 years she will be a PhD! 
We are incredibly proud of her!
Since I have been back, I pieced another baby quilt! 
I love the churn dash block and this block came up on my Pinterest feed and I knew that I needed to would make it!
I had the perfect fabric in my stash...a sweet baby pink fabric with little flowers and the same fabric in a soft yellow! 
And guess what I did with all the HST cutoffs from the Churn Link block? Yep, I made them into small 4" churn dash blocks. 
These will be pieced into the backing! 
More on the technique I used to pieced these small blocks coming!
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS Dawn, to you and your girls and SIL! The quilt design is fabulous. I love the sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happy news! Congratulations! Thanks for the link to the churn link block. How cute it that!? So clever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! How incredibly exciting!!! Congrats to all - baby and coating are both huge deals. We are expecting our first girl at the end of December, which could turn in to January very easily. Woot woot and {{hugs}} a bunch for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first grandchild coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What happy news -- the best kind! Enjoy all the things leading up to the new baby!! It's a life changer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments