Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A finish!

I'm excited to show you my latest finish! Last Friday, I showed you the spiral quilting on my quilt, Blush. Today, I'll can show you it all finished! 
I added quilting in the white borders around the 4 patch blocks, in the sashing between the blocks, more quilting in the white borders and in the ditch of the piano keys. 
The quilting in the border corners of the 4-patch blocks reminds me of  arrowheads. Sometimes I get stuck on how to turn the corners when quilting. Do you feel this way too? 
The quilting in the sashing are flowers that mimic the flowers in the fabric. 
I quilted flying geese in the borders and also a rope. Lots of different elements. 
The fabric line is Blush by Basic Grey and it was the first fabric bundle I purchased way back when I was a fairly new quilter. The background is Kona White, I think the inner border is Kona Bahama Blue, and the binding is Kona Chocolate. 
The back was pieced using all the remaining fabric from the line and a few coordinating pieces from my stash. 
The quilt finishes at approx. 51" x 61".
It sure does feel good to have another finish before school starts!
I'm linking up to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, To Do Tuesday at Stitch All Things, Color Inspiration Tuesday at Clever Chameleon Quilting, and MCM at Cooking Up Quilts.


9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Denise@fortheloveofgeese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful quilt, Dawn! The colors are so pretty and your quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Great finish - your quilting looks fabulous. I love all the colors and fabrics that you chose for this - they look so great together. Happy Tuesday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors. I love how this came out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful quilt! I love all of those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing at Clever Chameleon, the colours are so pretty on this. And the finish so perfect too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a very pretty finish! The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments