Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Some sunshine finally!

Hello Mr. Sunshine! It has been a while since you have come out! 
I finally was able to take some pictures of My Little Blue Neighborhood quilt. Since it has been done, we has seen little sunshine and it also gets dark so early that by the time I get home from school, there isn't time to do a photo shoot. 
Last Saturday, I was able to go to the place that I wanted to do some photos only to find that it was too sunny. My quilt was washed out.
The shadows were coming quickly.
On the back I put the 3 houses that I found duplicates of and started a 'new subdivision' for my neighborhood. 
The colors and whites are a bit off due to too much sunlight but I really like the painted brick wall background so I went back again for another shoot.
The colors are much better! 
Just down from the 1st photo shoot, I found a string already strung across the bricks. How convenient! 
 All labeled! A finish!
I also started putting together my Flying Geese RSC quilt. I added two additional blocks, one gray and the other peach, to make 12 blocks. 
I also pulled out the small HSTs that resulted from making the flying geese blocks. I am planning on using them for a border as shown above. They are pretty small and will finish at about 3/4" , adding about 1 1/2" to the size of the quilt. It should finish at 37.5" x 49.5". 
I added another row to my temperature quilt...only 2 rows left for 2018!
Linking to Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River,  Scrap Happy Saturday at So Scrappy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! What a great background to a fabulous finish. I love your neighborhood! And that new subdivision on the backing is superb, and an unexpected delight. I think I'd like to live there in spite of all the construction noise as it gets built up. Very fun! As is your flying geese project. Wow, those border pieces are little but will really add to the finished project. And why waste them?!! Happy Happy Wednesday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is stunning. You would think that it was two different quilts from the photographs. Your work is beautiful. Can't wait to see the next one finished, you are a lot quicker than me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your little blue neighbourhood! That house is very sweet. Can you direct me to the pattern, and is it paper pieced? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments