Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Bitter cold but a finish warms my heart

There is no doubt about it...IT IS COLD here in Chicagoland! 
This morning we woke to -22ºF temperature with windchills -50ºF. 
Schools are closed for the 2nd time this week  
and will be closed tomorrow also. 
(Monday for snow, Wednesday and Thursday for cold)
Tomorrow's temperatures are expected to be as cold or colder than today!
It does allow for some extra time to spend in my sewing room with projects. 
For me, 2019 began with 5 WIP left over from 2018. I'm happy to report that I completed my 3rd finish. All 3 were from my WIP pile! 
I do have 2019 WIP almost ready! Gotta get 2018 cleared out first!
This is one of my RSC quilts from 2018. You can see the other one here. I'm calling this quilt Heading North. 
Living in Chicagoland, we often are 'heading north' to WI for excursions, trips, vacations, & camping.
The backing is from my stash and the binding was left over from another project. Love using up stash!
I quilted in a chevron pattern following the outline of the geese. I also quilting the border in the ditch following the HST. 
The quilt finishes at 38.5" x 51"
Today, besides working a bit in my sewing room on my medallion quilt, I sandwiched this 2018 WIP.
I'm linking to Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabication, Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, and To Do Tuesday at Stitch All the Things.
This will be the 4th 2018 WIP. This churn dash has been finished and waiting some attention since September. The pattern is called churn link. I found it on pinterest.  Now to decide how to quilt it!
I whipped up this cute fabric ball for my new grandson. 
He looks so cute under his Foxy Baby quilt I made for him. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! Aww, sweet baby boy - he will be enjoying that ball before you know it. I love your Flying North - come on up for a visit! And that churn link quilt top - ooh, I'm going to check out your link - no pun intended. HAHA! I can't wait to see how you quilt it - that would be a puzzle for me. And your chevron quilting looks great - nice and straight and it really enhances the quilt pattern. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep warm Dawn, I'm just across the river in Iowa so it is cold here also. Your little grandson is adorable under that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilts! The churn dash is one of my favorite blocks. Can't get enough of it. Thanks for the link And your RSC quilts are always inspiring. Good job keeping on for the finish! SOOOO cold here as well. I'm a home body so no sadness here in having to stay home and be cozy. Little bits of sewing here.... I have some flimsies at my house from 2018 to finish up as well. Enjoy your new little grandson! They are the best part of growing older! Janita

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments