Sunday, January 20, 2019

Progress Update

The Quiet Play Pattern Club blocks for January were released a bit early!
I was excited to get started! 
I had already sorted through and organized by color all my solids (mostly Kona) so I was able to get started. I downloaded the patterns and printed off 2 of the paper pieced blocks. I will be making the background of the word blocks in a color with the letters Kona Snow. The object blocks will have a Kona Snow background and a rainbow of colors in the block. Here are my January blocks!
The background is Kona Hibiscus.
There are 17 colors (besides Kona Snow) for the rainbow spool of thread!
I still haven't completely finalized my fabric pull for the Block of the Month Optical Illusion blocks. This will be as much as possible from my stash. 
I'm rethinking the Scandinavian Flowers as I don't think I am ready for this level of applique and it would require a fabric purchase.  I will still download the monthly patterns for later. 
Instead, I will try reverse applique using the book, Dutch Treat, that I purchased many years ago. 
I also previously bought fabric for this project. Must use what I got! I won't do all the blocks (some are very complicated) but will pick some of the easier blocks. I will prepare this project for my trip in February. 
Here is a peek at the start of my medallion quilt. 
So many HSTs! 276 to be exact!
This week, I carved out some time to sandwich my Save the Bees quilt, a leftover from 2018. I plan to do meandering loops over the top of the quilt to mimic the flight of the bees. I am thinking of naming this quilt, 
The Plight of Bees. 
Lastly, I will leave you with a sweet picture of my cute grandson! The hat he is wearing is one that I knitted from a vintage pattern. It is a bit big but ties to stay on! It is very soft as it is knitted with bamboo yarn. 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to end a post...adorable. Wow...can I say that you are one busy person? I love that Dutch treat, well...I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save the Bees will make a lovely quilt and your adorable little grandson will soon grow into the hat.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments