Friday, February 21, 2020

I have another finish!

Yep! My second finish for 2020! It is a WIP from 2019 from the RSC. Technically, it could have been finished in 2019 since the last month is October but I like to add 2 more colors to make 12 blocks. So getting it done in the 1st quarter of the year is pretty good! 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻
I really like the way this one turned out! The pattern is called Reverse Rainbow Starburst Block that I found on Pinterest. The tutorial is by KatSoper. 
If you follow me, you have seen these blocks come together. Each block is made from 24 4" squares from scraps in the month's color and one white. 4 of the color blocks are made into the star points. I chose not to add any sashing or borders. The back is a rainbow geometric pattern I found. 
For the quilting, I stitched in the ditch around each star. I decided to do a pretty close meander around the stars with a rainbow variegated thread and some free hand circles in the center of each star in the color thread of the block. 

I decided to name this quilt Reach for the Stars. 
This quilt finishes at 51" x 68". I finished hand stitching the binding on Wednesday and the label yesterday! 
Hooray! for another finish!
I will link up to Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop at Confessions of a fabric addict, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, and Scrap Happy Saturday at So Scrappy and Free Motion Mavericks @Quilting & Learning.

13 comments:

  1. Whoop Whoop! You are going to be the 2020 Finishing Queen! I watched these stars being made and I knew they’d look great as a quilt. I’m glad you didn’t sash. This quilt looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a gorgeous RSC finish, Dawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m kinda lusting after this quilt! Well I don’t really want yours, I just want to make one too!! Thanks for pointing me towards a tute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rainbow star blocks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for your finish! I love the stars and how they shine through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little wonky stars. This pattern is on my bucket list. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beee-oooo-tiful! I love the full-on rainbow scrappiness, and your quilting is perfect. I especially love the color matched circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! What a fun finish. I love all the different colored squares allowing those pretty stars to shine. I especially like how you put them in different areas in each block just by switching the layout or orientation. Could that backing BE any more perfect for this quilt?? Just saying - you did a great job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely finish! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that one is so cool!! The colors are so bright and pretty!! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn, what a lovely quilt. I really like the FMQ and the design. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments