Saturday, June 13, 2020

A little bit of sewing

It has been a while since I have had time to post or even sew. Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson have moved from Texas and are living with us while our SIL goes back to school. It has been in the planning stage for more than a year. Needless to say, Covid-19 complicated the move. They will basically have the second floor; 3 bedrooms, bathroom and a small family room. 
This is just before the move from TX
To make it feel a bit more like 'their space', we removed most of our things... cleaning out, getting rid of some, storing others. 
The house is still in a bit of a unpacking stage (their pod came on Thursday) but things are going well overall. It has been fun to have our grandson here where we can see him everyday and really get to know him and watch him grow! ❤️
In the midst of everything, I did get some sewing done! 
Since it is June and the monthly color is pink, I made time for the RSC block. 
All the colors together!
I'm linking up to Scrap Happy Saturday over at So Scrappy.
I also did a bit more sewing on the I Spy quilt I am making. Hopefully, I will have more to show in the near future!
I received some exciting mail this week from Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. She sent this lovely pack of fat quarters and Thank You note. Sarah not only hosts and organizes Hands2Help every year but she finds sponsors to help say thanks!  Sarah is pretty amazing! Creating quilts for those in need has been the draw for me to participate and give back these last 2 years. This touch of thoughtfulness is an added bonus! 
Looking forward to Hands2Help 2021!

6 comments:

  1. I love those columns of color you're making - happy to see them again! Enjoy having your family right there, especially the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful PINK scrappy column, Dawn! It looks like you got some fun happy mail. Enjoy that "prize" from Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching your scrappy columns! How fun that sponsors are helping to thank you generous givers. Enjoy your family being close. Hopefully they remain near after schooling is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy your house guests. Those littles provide much diversion to our sedentary lives. At least, that is our experience! I had to learn to “put away” my stuff! And shut the door to the sewing room! But, boy did we have fun!
    I’m really liking your scrappy columns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fortunate you have the room to accommodate your daughter and her sweet family during the pandemic. Texas isn’t the best place to be politically right now. Texans 'have their rights' and those rights are to not wear masks or practice social distancing if they don’t want to. I was out a little yesterday and maybe a third of the people wore masks, and most had spatial Issues. I was very uncomfortable. I’m absolutely loving your RSC2020 strips! Such a clever idea. By the end of the year, you are going to have a beautiful creation! Stay safe! Enjoy having your family close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! It's so nice to see a post from you. How wonderful that your daughter and family can move in with you. Going on in school is just fabulous but the best part is seeing them and your grandson every day. I wonder what he's going to school for? I love your pink row - it looks great with the previous colors. Pretty fat quarters from H2H - Sarah rocks. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments