Sunday, May 31, 2020

Hands2Help2020 Parade

The Hands2Help2020 challenge comes to a close the week of May 31st. I felt a final parade of the 4 baby quilts that I donated to the Little Lambs Foundation was in need. Although I have posted about each quilt before, here I include the 4 all together.
The Hands2Help challenge is hosted by Sarah @Confessions of a Fabric Addict. The challenge started in 2011 but I just first read about it last year. I really enjoyed making a quilt for Jack's Basket last year so this year I decided I could do more than one. I planned on making 2 baby quilts for the Little Lambs Foundation. 
While doing a sew-along for improv piecing, 2 of the practice pieces turned into the 2 additional baby quilts for a total of 4!
First up is In The Neighborhood. 
This baby quilt was built around the cute Bear fabric. 
You can read more about it here.
It finished size is 31" x 36"
Next is the first practice piece made into a baby quilt. 
It is called Stacks of Blocks after the improv stacks technique. You can read more about this quilt here.  
This baby quilt finished at 28" x 37".
The 3rd baby quilt I made was another practice piece for the improv sew-along. 
It is called Small Wonders and the improv technique is called insert. You can read more about it here.
This one finished at 40" x 40"
And the last of the baby quilts for the Little Lambs Foundation is Kimba. 
This quilt was built around the cute baby lion print. Not made in traditional baby colors, but I am pleased with it and hope some child in need will be too!
You can read more about it here
Its finished size is approx. 36" x46".
They were all packed and sent in the mail to Little Lambs Foundation.
Thanks to Sarah for all her work in putting together this great opportunity to give to those in need! 
Hand2Help2020 is a wrap!
Linking to the Linky Party for 2020 Hands2Help Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, generous quilts, Dawn! Thank you so much for donating them. And you do such a nice job with your labels, too! I'm sure that will make the quilts extra meaningful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your generosity, glad you could join all of us this year too. Fabulous quilts Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful quilts, Dawn! Thanks for being part of Hands2Help 2020!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments