Friday, July 17, 2020

Finally, my finish!

I promised that I would have a finish later in the week and I was successful in accomplishing that goal! 
The pattern for this quilt is Elvira by GEDesigns. Gudrun went live for a quarantine QAL on March 22 on YouTube. I played along using the Strawberry Fizz fabric line I originally purchased as a quilt kit from Bluprint. After receiving the kit, I realized that the fabric was too busy for the pattern intended. This pattern has many large pieces so the fabric works much better. 
Each rectangular piece is sliced on the diagonal and a strip is inserted. 
The backing is pieced from fabric in my stash.
I straight line quilted along the strips and stitched a diamond in each half. Inside the diamond, I FMQ a leaf design. In each strip, I FMQ pebbles.


 
It is a bit difficult to seeing the quilting. 
This quilt is a wedding present for a couple that had their wedding postponed due to covid-19. After 3 months, a change in venue and only immediate family as guests, they got married. 
This quilt finishes at 61" x 83" 
I'm linking up to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop @Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Peacock Party @Wendy's Quilts and more, Finished or Not Friday @Alycia Quilts, and FridayFotoFun@PoweredbyQuilting

6 comments:

  1. Sweet quilt, the newlyweds will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt, Dawn! I can’t even imagine a COVID-19 wedding and the disappointment to have all family and friends there to share the happy day and help the couple celebrate. However, love does not need a slew of witnesses to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish, Dawn!! Best of luck to the happy couple. At least, they ended up married this year! My niece's wedding was moved from April to August and has since been postponed into next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Elvira quilt! It's big and bold. I'm sure the happy couple will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt, love all the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments