Thursday, August 13, 2020

Where does the time go?

 Once again, I have been away from my blog longer than expected. Time just seems to get away from me. We did get away for a long weekend camping! It was my grandson's first camping trip! It is always nice to escape for a while. 

I have finished and delivered the T-shirt quilt, named Unforgettable Moments, to the graduate! This girl (and her family) is very dear to me/us! She is now off to college! Praying for safety during this time.

She had so many t-shirts from all her activities...school, soccer, volleyball, camp, etc. I can use so many more t-shirts and vary the sizes by doing the puzzle format. It gets a little tricky and small filler pieces are used to make it work. 

It has been a strange year for graduates, but I wanted her to feel special cuz she is!

She wanted neutral gray to offset the bright and varied colors of the t-shirts. 



The backing is an almost solid gray I found in 108" wide so it required no piecing! The binding is gray and white houndstooth from my stash. 
I quilted in a diagonal straight line in the body of the quilt and a elongated diamond braid in the border. Finished size is 64 1/2" x 74"
Yay! A finish!

I also finished putting together the top for the 2019 Quiet Play Pattern Club! I had to rearrange the blocks from the original layout to get a better color balance.

I really like how this quilt came together...the picture blocks and the text blocks! Hard to pick a favorite! It is now waiting to get sandwiched and quilted (behind a couple of other quilts) 😆
I joined the Morewood Mystery Quilt with Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs. This month the cutting directions were released and I finally got the pieces all cut!
I'm ready to start sewing the first clue in September. 
I'll leave you with this cute camping picture!

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, the T-Shirt quilt turned out SO good! The gray is a great choice to showcase all the bright colors. She looks very happy with it. Love all your fun photos for the quilt. I really love your quiet play quilt top!!! Your blocks look awesome. I can’t choose a favorite, they are all terrific designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a big, fun, loving finish! I'm sure the grad is thrilled with her new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Your t-shirt quilt turned out fabulously and it is so nice to be able to deliver it in person. I wish her a safe, healthy, and fabulous first year in college. Quiet Play came together so well, don't you think?! I love all the different colors and fabrics. It really is difficult to pick a favorite block pairing - but 'stitch' is pretty darn cool!! OMG - that camping picture. Adorbs. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments