Friday, February 19, 2021

SAHRR and Moorwood Mystery Quilt

 This week I focused on completing Round 5 of the SAHRR. Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of my Quilting Life chose the Wonky Star for this round. I wasn't sure if I would like it because my quilt isn't wonky. Do I add a round of wonky? Well, I am a rule follower by nature and so I followed along. Each quilter is allowed to decide how to use the design element in their quilt. Here is what I did:

Miss Sadie gave her approval!
Linking to SAHRR-Round 5
I also was able to finally work on putting together the final steps of the Moorwood Mystery Quilt. I decided to add a simple narrow border to the top. 
A photo shoot was a bit challenging as we have so much snow on the ground. It was difficult to get the quilt top to lay flat without trudging through the snow. But here it is...


This Quilt Along was fun to do and it is also fun to see all the different versions. Cheryl, @Meadow Mist Designs does a very nice job with quilt design, instructing, and keeping it challenging/interesting enough for those that have been quilting for some time as well as easy enough for beginners. This is my second Mystery quilt along I have done with her and I love both! See the first one here. I will piece a backing and work on getting this quilted (probably bumping it to the front of the line)!
Linking  to Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop @Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts, and Friday Foto Fun @Powered by Quilting. Head over to the Facebook Group Meadow Mist Designs to see others!

5 comments:

  1. Dawn, your little round robin quilt is coming along amazingly! At first I wasn’t sure about the stars but they grew on me quickly. I so love this quilt so far! I like your mystery quilt too. I never do the unknown. I just can’t bring myself to put so much time, money and effort into something I don’t know if I will even like. You make it look like a breeze though. Well done! I finished a quilt for a blog hop next week and I wanted to photograph it in the snow. But, oh Lordy, it was just too dang cold outside! Now it’s warmer but the snow is getting quite dirty and ugly looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! I love how you added the wonky stars with the turquoise in between. It sure does pull out the color from the center medallion and look how those plus signs pop now! Nice job - it looks fab. As does your Moorwood quilt. I'm sorry you have so much snow to deal with - we do, too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little wonky stars look great! It's so fun to see each quilt each week with the new border! Your Morewood Mystery is a beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wonky stars. They can be wonky and still be a regular size to fit into the whole without any extra coping strips. Your SAHRR looks lovely already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stars and I like that you did them in that bright color - it draws out that color and moves your eye!! Good job! and the Morewood is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments