Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Playing with RED

 The color for the month of May is RED

I was able to steal away a bit of time to work with my red scraps. I made 10 red wonky shoo fly blocks. I really enjoy making these blocks ~ they don't really use up too many red scraps but you can use the smallest scraps for the points. So if you are like me and save little scraps like triangle cutoffs, this is a good use for them! I'm also using quite a bit of cream low volume scraps.

I made 10 red Joy Luck blocks. These blocks use a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" red scrap and 4 small 1 1/2" square white/black low volume scraps. 

I've cut up several red scraps for my EPP tumbler blocks. I still need to find time to stitch them. 
I'm linking to Scrap Happy Saturday @SoScrappy. 
This past weekend was moving day for my daughter, son-in-law and grandson! They completed renovations in their new house enough to move in. There will always be projects! (It's only about 10 minutes from us.) After almost a year living with us, it sure is quiet here. I do miss my morning greeting 'Good morning, Mormor!', family dinners, and reading books to Magnus (to name a few). I'm still babysitting 2 days a week, but now 1 day at their house and 1 day at our house. We love to go to local parks! Here are some pictures from some recent outings!
Blackhawk Park
Wildwood Nature Center & Park
Wildwood Nature Center & Park
Brentwood

7 comments:

  1. Love how your red projects are coming along. So fun to go to the parks and play. Even when you don’t have a small child with you for an excuse to play on the equipment. Ha! Ask me how I know this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun RED blocks, Dawn!! I'm sure that are nothing compared to the fun you had at the park with your sweet grandson. Try to enjoy your quiet house. May the quiet days will be filled with the whir of the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loks you had fun with your red blocks. I like the wonky shoo fly.
    You will miss your grandson, but they are not so far, so let's sew

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on sew much red - my He is at such a cute age and still fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful photo of the two of you! I babysat my grandsons too when they were smaller; enjoyed every (sometimes tiring!) minute of it. How wonderful that you got to help them out like that. Beautiful blocks and I'd not seen a wonky shoo fly before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn! Oh gosh, the quiet must be daunting. After a year of being used to sweet Magnus being around it has to be awful. {{Hugs}} What a blessing that they are so close. That's how our littles are, too - just 10 minutes away. It makes the time with them all the sweeter, right?! Great job on the red fun! I wonder what next month's color will be. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments