Sunday, May 9, 2021

Slow Stitching

 I have started several projects of hand work in the past year. I have shown you                      my hoop embroidery of flowers which is slowly coming along.                           I also shown my fabric journal for Mindful Stitches. I'm mostly using              it for textile pieces that were orphaned or sample pieces but I've also included                               some paper art and some embroidery stitching.                             Since I haven't given an update in a while, I took some picture of the new pages.

These little plus blocks were samples blocks from a project.

This quilt block and the one below were orphaned from projects.

I stitched a basic embroidery stitches sampler.

I found this stamped and colored mermaid that I made several years ago that I stitched onto the page.

I gathered small smooth sticks on my walks with my grandson and wrapped them in embroidery floss then stitched them into the journal.
I'm linking to Slow Stitching Sunday at Kathy's Quilts.

I am staying accountable by posting my April calendar journal!

And a final picture of my attempt at an art photo. 😊
I love dandelion puffs! 

2 comments:

  1. You have fashioned more lovely textile pages for your Mindful Stitches journal. Love the touch of embroidery floss wrapped around the sticks you and your grandson collected. This is a beautiful page filled with happy memories and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed your post! Your journal is so inspiring! Your creativity just blossoms through! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments