Saturday, September 4, 2021

Reopened for business

 Yay! My sewing room remake is finished at least enough to move back in and use. I still need to organize some things in the new space and buy some bins. It feels so good and I really love my new cutting table!

Most of the room is the same; just rearranged except for the new cutting table and new flooring. For years I was using a cabinet from my mom which was raised up to the correct height by resting on cinder blocks for my cutting table. It worked fine but it was a bit wobbly. The floor was carpet and most difficult to keep clean of threads, fabric trimmings, and pins. 
We started with removing the carpet and laying vinyl floor planks. To replace the cutting table I found an IKEA hack using 3 Kallax 4x4 units. We bought a butcher block plank from Home Depot. My DH and I worked to put it together. My cutting mat fits perfectly on one end of the cutting table. 

(A little proof that I used power tools to help however, my DH did most of the work)
Throughout August, I participated in the #30daysofimprovqal on IG. For my final composition, I decided to add large borders of negative space to increase the size. 
Here is the final composition.
And today, I found a bit of time to pin baste it.
The start of September means August calendar journal is complete! I have been journaling a thing or two about each of my days since the beginning of the year! 
My calendar journaling actually goes back quite a few years ~in 2013 and 2014 I made monthly calendar pages out of fabric. When my mom got sick I could no longer keep up. During the following years I would see Annie's journals and how cool and creative they were. She inspired me to pick up calendar journaling once again ~ this time using a calendar download, printed on cardstock. 
I also finished the new charity blocks for the September/October block drive for Covered in Love. 
September brings a new color ~ ORANGE 
Stay tuned for projects in orange and the next step in the Macaron Mystery QAL.

1 comment:

  1. Your newly designed sewing room looks wonderful. Oh, that great cutting and work space table is awesome. LOVE your calendar and that you are keeping up with it. I also love your 30 day challenge quilt. All that crazy piecing you did is fabulous looking. Enjoy your new space!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet sentiments